Saturday 22 September 2007

The Big T moves in mysterious ways

Within minutes of recording my frustration with our national telecommunications provider, I had a call from them and this one wasn't an attempt to sell me one of their products. My wife, who doesn't believe in coincidences, would say that this is either evidence that the Big T monitors all mentions of it in cyberspace or evidence of a more mysterious karma at work. In other words, she would say that, if Big T isn't watching, the "universe" at large is.

The contrast between the attitudes of "Campbell" and "Nizam" couldn't have been starker. "Campbell" started by apologising, then listened, then accepted responsibility for the problem and said what he was going to do about it. He even said he would sms me his direct number so that I could contact him if my mobile was "cold called" again (although that didn't eventuate). What am I to make of this ? Well, I guess it shows that people with very different attitudes can work for the same company. I am strangely comforted that corporate ethos, whether on the whole it is good or bad at the Big T at least is not all pervading.

CUL8R

No comments: